Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Thing 4- Online Productivity

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Pagekeeper? I've been using it at school since I learned about it in last year's MILI class. It is for me, by far, the easiest tool to use during the school day to bounce between all the various sites I need to use. I love the fact that I can partition work tools, personal sites, MILI sites, and thus categorize. It helps me prioritize when I feel overwhelmed. I'm not particularly fond of a lot of graphics, so Pagekeeper's simple design appeals to me. At the front desk, where I spend most of my day, it makes keeping several tabs open easy. The essentials are one for Destiny, one for email, one for Discovery, and one for whatever else I try to work on while fielding questions from students & staff, directing student aides, and maybe trying to work on weeding or cataloging in the few spare moments there are in a day. Spending time in my office, working without interruption, is almost impossible. So, Pagekeeper keeps me sane in a very busy media center. It's there for me to consult when I need it, and my rock in an unpredictable day.

1 comment:

Media Queen said...

I'll try it this summer! Thx for the tip. Coreen