Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Learning Community

As I prepare for our presentation on Friday, I am pleased with my progress in using Web 2.0 tools. The whole presentation is in Google Docs, something I knew nothing about a year ago. The practice I've had with this project will enable me to widen my teaching repertoire, as well as using this tool to produce documents during the school year in collaboration with others. The students who will be participating, Shonti & Rose, are so literate about all of this, and it's so fun to watch their ease with all of these tools that are new to me. I have no doubt that they, and their classmates will be using Google docs and presentation, and learn with ease using Internet tools. The ripple effect of this project is immense.

1 comment:

Media Queen said...

Hi Susan, I finally found you! I wanted to tell you how great I thought your presentation was and what a terrific job you did! I learned alot this year. Now weren't you in MILI last year? I'm hoping I can be part of it next year. I wonder who the Metronet staff member will be since I heard that Karen took the media position at NE! Are you working on your paper this weekend? I most certainly am and have been working on my "Things" since school was out. Having to go to 2 schools was like having 2 full time jobs! I am Florist's Daughter. Blessings and get some rest this summer. As ever, Coreen B. aka Media Queen